- Degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 7 months. 32 ECTS
- Start: October 1, 2021
Friday from 3:30pm - 8:30pm (also some Thursdays)
Casa de la Convalescència
Calle Sant Antoni María Claret, 171
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 5,236.-
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited places available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) is a 7 month program that delves into the essential aspects of management applied to sport. Classes are delivered by expert faculty that have a close connection with sports. We combine Master Classes with keynote speakers in the field of sport management, and field trips that will enrich your experience, expanding your network of contacts within the world of sports.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) is to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a sport management professional, and the right tools to apply your knowledge in strategic, financial, sports facilities and human resources management effectively.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses (in any modality). This way, you can earn credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management. You can also obtain the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS, in any modality), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management at the Johan Cruyff Institute is right for you, if:
- You’re an (ex) athlete who is looking for specialized education in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You are working in a management environment and want to specialized in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate diploma specializing in sport management.
Those who have completed this Postgraduate Diploma are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers)
- Governance (sports federations and associations)
- Sports Facilities and Events (tournament organizers, sports clubs)
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media)
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSTo be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have 3 years experience in the field of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The curriculum of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management consists of 32 ECTS (credits) and is composed of 4 instructional modules:
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Management strategies
- Company’s vision based on resources
- Creating a sustainable competitive advantage
- Marketing vs Sports marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports market research
- Consumer behavior
- Sports marketing strategy & planning
- International sport marketing
- Sports advertising and media
- The future of sports
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Investments and business assessment
- Pricing strategy and sales
- Liability, performance & profitability
- Financial strategy
- Stocks, outsourcing & risk management
- Financial planning & capital
MANAGEMENT, INNOVATION & LEADERSHIP IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Innovative business
- Management model and value creation
- Project management
- Leadership styles
- Managing people and processes
- Talent development
- Expanding the business: generation of change
- Social entrepreneurship
ACADEMIC DEGREEPostgraduate Diploma in Sport Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) puts you at the center of your education. You will enjoy gaining knowledge based on learning-by-doing, where you are at the center around which knowledge is constructed. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the contents to specific situations in sport management (teaching methodologies, connectivism and social constructivism). The cloister of expert teachers guide you in your learning process, providing high quality training combined with the inherent flexibility of study.
The Johan Cruyff Institute uses a rich learning environment that fosters educational tools based on the student – teacher – group interaction model.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: Designed to improve professionalism.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with. Learn more about our Faculty pool.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended), you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
The Casa de Convalescència, one of the last great works of Catalan Modernism (Lluís Domènech i Montaner), forms part of the complex of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, designed in the late 19th century.
The whole hospital complex, including the Casa, was declared Historical Artistic Monument in 1978 and World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.
UAB-Casa Convalescència is currently the headquarters of the Foundation of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (FUAB).