The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) is a 7 month program that delves into the essential aspects of management applied to sport. Classes are delivered by expert faculty that have a close connection with sports. We combine Master Classes with keynote speakers in the field of sport management, and field trips that will enrich your experience, expanding your network of contacts within the world of sports.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) is to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a sport management professional, and the right tools to apply your knowledge in strategic, financial, sports facilities and human resources management effectively.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses (in any modality). This way, you can earn credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management. You can also obtain the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS, in any modality), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management at the Johan Cruyff Institute is right for you, if:
- You’re an (ex) athlete who is looking for specialized education in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You are working in a management environment and want to specialized in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate diploma specializing in sport management.
Those who have completed this Postgraduate Diploma are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers)
- Governance (sports federations and associations)
- Sports Facilities and Events (tournament organizers, sports clubs)
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media)
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSTo be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have 3 years experience in the field of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The curriculum of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management consists of 32 ECTS (credits) and is composed of 4 instructional modules:
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Management strategies
- Company’s vision based on resources
- Creating a sustainable competitive advantage
- Marketing vs Sports marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports market research
- Consumer behavior
- Sports marketing strategy & planning
- International sport marketing
- Sports advertising and media
- The future of sports
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Investments and business assessment
- Pricing strategy and sales
- Liability, performance & profitability
- Financial strategy
- Stocks, outsourcing & risk management
- Financial planning & capital
MANAGEMENT, INNOVATION & LEADERSHIP IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Innovative business
- Management model and value creation
- Project management
- Leadership styles
- Managing people and processes
- Talent development
- Expanding the business: generation of change
- Social entrepreneurship
FIELD TRIPSThe program includes visits to sport organizations and facilities (such as the Centre d’Alt Rendiment (CAR), FC Barcelona, Club Joventut Badalona and Circuit de Catalunya).
ACADEMIC DEGREEPostgraduate Diploma in Sport Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended) puts you at the center of your education. You will enjoy gaining knowledge based on learning-by-doing, where you are at the center around which knowledge is constructed. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the contents to specific situations in sport management (teaching methodologies, connectivism and social constructivism). The cloister of expert teachers guide you in your learning process, providing high quality training combined with the inherent flexibility of study.
The Johan Cruyff Institute uses a rich learning environment that fosters educational tools based on the student – teacher – group interaction model.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: Designed to improve professionalism.
||Víctor Jordán VallverdúDegree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
||Marc CaballéDiploma in Physical Science and Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sport (UB). Events Management and Sport Management Undergraduate (UAB). Professor of Sport Management and Sports Organization at Blanquerna and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Sporting Events Organization Consultant. CEO and founder of Sports and Neda el Món.|
||Raúl CiprésAssociate professor at Blaquerna (URL), EAE Business School, TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF). Partner at CreativiaLab. Managing Partner at InfinitC (Mexico City, Caracas and Lisbon). Member of the Board of Directors of Club Joventut Badalona. He has been the Marketing Director of Real Club Deportivo Espanyol and Real Club de Polo de Barcelona, among others.|
||Dra. Núria MasferrerPh.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
||Dr. Josep Torres PrunyonosaDoctor in Actuarial and Financial Sciences. Master in Equity Markets and Derivatives. Specialist in banking, rating of sporting bodies and ethics in finance. Associate Professor of EAE Business School, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and EUNCET.|
||David HidalgoDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
||Yolanda TarangoIndustrial Engineer. Superior School of Industrial Engineering of Terrassa. Member – Director (design products and services) for the company DOBAJU, SL (Health management). Associate professor of UAB and Barcelona Activa among others. She was CEO of Management Services and Solutions for Corporations, Businesses and Individuals, SL (UNNIM Group).|
||Dr. Marc BernardichPh.D in Creation, Direction and Management of SMEs, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Responsible for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University Foundation of Bages. Executive Director of Basketball Manresa SAE. CEO Neòfit. Own consulting company that does creation and conceptualization of New Innovative Projects.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (Blended), you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 6/7 months. 32 ECTS
- Start: September 21, 2018
- End: April 2019
Friday from 3:30pm - 8:30pm
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 4,980.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited places available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.