- Degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 months. 27 ECTS
- Start: January 8, 2021
Friday from 3.30 pm - 8.30 pm (and some Thursdays in the afternoon)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 4.496, -
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited places available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (Blended) is a study program that delves into the fundamental aspects of marketing management applied to sport. Classes with expert faculty and a close connection with sports, are combined with conferences from professional keynote speakers from the executive direction and sport management and marketing environments, as well as field trips which will enrich your experiences and will broaden your network of contacts within the world of sport.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (Blended) is to prepare you to be a sport marketing professional and train you in the proper use of marketing management tools, sports operations and financial management applied to sport.
- To understand, analyze, and apply marketing strategies, development strategies, launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions in relation to the components of product, pricing, distribution and communication.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for sports market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To interpret the financial statements of sport organizations.
- To optimize the installation and management of a sporting event.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits to obtain the postgraduate diploma.
You can also obtain the Master of Sport Management (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS, in any modality), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
And you can obtain the Master of Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS, online), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing is for you if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and are looking for specialized training and certification in sport marketing to give your career a boost.
- You work in a business and/or sports environment and you want to specialize in sport marketing.
- You want to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate diploma in sport marketing.
Those who have completed this Postgraduate Diploma are currently working in the areas of:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Brand Development / Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and mass media)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The teaching plan for the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing has 27 ECTS (credits) and is composed of 3 compulsory modules.
- Marketing vs. sport marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports market research
- Consumer behavior
- Sports marketing strategies and plans
- International sport marketing
- Brand development
- Advertising and communication in sports
- The future of sports
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Pricing and sales strategy
- Indebtedness, performance and profitability
- Financial strategy
- Stocks, outsourcing & risk management
Event management – 8 ECTS
- Event organization
- Event assessment
- Economic balance of an event
Facility Management – 7 ECTS
- Facility management
- Financial budget of a facility
- Facility assessment
- The tender procedure
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
The program includes trips to sport organizations (such as Centre d’Alt Rendiment (CAR), Club Joventut de Badalona and Circuit de Catalunya).
Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (Blended) puts you at the center of your education through a learning-by-doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
The Johan Cruyff Institute provides a learning environment rich in tools which encourage interaction between student, group and teacher.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: Designed for professional improvement.
|David Hidalgo||Degree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). CEO Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
|Víctor Jordán Vallverdú||Degree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
|Dra. Núria Masferrer||Ph.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
|Jordi Viñas Fort||CEO and owner of ITIK Consultoría. PhD student in Science in Physical Activity and Sports, Universitat de Lleida.|
|Stella Llavina Guerrero||Program Manager at the Johan Cruyff Institute. Master in Management of Sport Facilities, Universitat de Barcelona. Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sports, Universitat Ramon Llull.|
|Josep Rialp Criado||Associate Professor of Marketing and Market Research, Business Department Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUS/ WEB FACILITATED PROGRAMAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (Blended), you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
The Casa de Convalescència, one of the last great works of Catalan Modernism (Lluís Domènech i Montaner), forms part of the complex of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, designed in the late 19th century.
The whole hospital complex, including the Casa, was declared Historical Artistic Monument in 1978 and World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.
UAB-Casa Convalescència is currently the headquarters of the Foundation of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (FUAB).