The Football Industry Insights is a one-week program in Barcelona where participants will have the opportunity to learn about the football industry and interact with key individuals in the most relevant areas of the sector. The week is made up of a series of panels presented by a diverse range of professionals who will discuss the contemporary issues affecting the global and specific football markets.
- To understand the contemporary issues facing different areas of football.
- To learn the specifics of the markets that are part of the global industry.
- To promote discussion of the global football business.
LEARNING OUTCOMESUpon the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sport industry from a business perspective.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture geared towards innovation in sport organizations.
- Use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- Detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- Interpret the financial statements of a sport organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- Optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
The program is aimed at those who wish to acquire in-depth and up-to-date knowledge directly from key professionals in the industry who will discuss a variety of relevant and contemporary issues about the football business.
It is especially suitable for you if:
- You’re an (ex-)athlete and need an overview of the current state of the football business.
- You’re working in the area of business and/or sport, and want to acquire a greater knowledge of the management in different sectors of football.
- You’re a lover of the world of football and want to learn more about the management and business of football.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we receive your information, we will contact you to finalize the registration.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIELTS 6.0 or equivalent English level certificate. All panels will be in English, so participants need to have a good enough level to be able to absorb the content and interact with others.
* Dates and program may be subject to change.
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATIONCertificate for the program Football Business Insights from Johan Cruyff Institute.
Our exclusive model that combines academic studies with football industry insights and learning directly from FC Barcelona will provide students with a great capacity to understand the business and the role of the organization in the overall football market, as well as increase their abilities for leadership and decision-making in order to achieve the best possible results with the available resources.
The speakers of this seminars are key football business professionals. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Football Business Insights program, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students for sharing e-mails, chats, videos, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING AND ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
Classes are delivered at Camp Nou and Johan Cruyff Institute, among other locations.
‘Camp Nou’ (the ‘new ground’) has a capacity of 99,354. It is the biggest stadium in Europe. In the 1998-99 seasons, UEFA recognized the services and facilities at Camp Nou by awarding it five star status.
- Degree: Seminar series: Football Industry Insights
- Duration: 6 days
- Start: June 11, 2018
- End: June 16, 2018
From Monday to Friday PM and Saturday AM
- Modality: On-campus
- Language: English
- Price: € 500 Reservation fee, € 1,300 Tuition fee
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited places available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.